2. Schally, A.V., Steelman, S.L. & Bowers, C.Y. Effect of hypothalamic extracts on release of growth hormone in vitro. Proc Soc Exp Biol Med 119, 208-12 (1965).
3. Guillemin, R. et al. Growth hormone-releasing factor from a human pancreatic tumor that caused acromegaly. Science 218, 585-7 (1982).
4. Gaylinn, B.D. et al. Molecular cloning and expression of a human anterior pituitary receptor for growth hormone-releasing hormone. Mol Endocrinol 7, 77-84 (1993).
5. Cohen, E. et al. Contribution of functionally assessed GHRHR mutations to idiopathic isolated growth hormone deficiency in patients without GH1 mutations. Hum Mutat 40, 2033-2043 (2019).
6. Xiong, X. et al. Splice variant of growth hormone-releasing hormone receptor drives esophageal squamous cell carcinoma conferring a therapeutic target. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 117, 6726-6732 (2020).
7. Gan, J. et al. Growth hormone-releasing hormone receptor antagonists inhibit human gastric cancer through downregulation of PAK1-STAT3/NF-kappaB signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 113, 14745-14750 (2016).
8. Duan, J. et al. Cryo-EM structure of an activated VIP1 receptor-G protein complex revealed by a NanoBiT tethering strategy. Nat Commun 11, 4121 (2020).
9. Lin, S.C. et al. Molecular basis of the little mouse phenotype and implications for cell type-specific growth. Nature 364, 208-13 (1993).